As a BACP registered counsellor trained in person-centred counselling and integrative psychotherapy, with additional training and experience in Mindfulness, my approach is flexible, adapted to the client’s needs, and rooted in person-centred values:
• a belief in the individual’s built-in capacity for health and growth
• the conviction that a strong therapeutic relationship can offer the conditions for that healthy growth to prosper
• the understanding that my role as therapist is not to direct or lead, but to work with the client to support their own process of change
• a commitment to equality and diversity, and a non-judgemental respect for all my clients
I offer individual therapy, working with clients experiencing a range of difficulties:
• Anxiety • Depression • Bereavement
• Poor self-image and self-esteem
• Shame • Compulsive behaviours • Social anxiety
• Problems in relating and relationships
• Living with long-term illness and disability
I have a particular interest in major life transitions – their stresses and challenges, and the new directions they can open up.
I offer a free, confidential 30 minute consultation (face-to-face, by phone or video messaging) to discuss what you are looking for and how we might work together.
My appointments at the Counselling Rooms are on Thursday mornings, with a pre-work session at 7.45, and then on the hour from 9.00, with the final appointment at 12.00. My standard fee is £40 per session, and I offer two sessions per week at a reduced rate of £25 to those on lower incomes.Tags: Integrative Therapy, Person Centred Counselling, Psychotherapy Posted by