If you want to make changes in your life then counselling is very helpful.
I work from the basis that we all have the potential to flourish in this life but sometimes we encounter barriers that are hard to overcome alone.
Talking to a person who will listen but not judge can be genuinely life-changing. You discover qualities and strengths in yourself that you hadn’t previously recognised. It would be foolish however not to recognise that society puts up barriers to flourishing and these are not easily changed just by talking.
Poverty, sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia etc. are real and painful and they need acknowledging in the work that we do. For some people bringing them into the open and recognising all the strands that make up each particular life story, is very important.
So my work includes:
- childhood abuse (sexual, emotional, physical or through neglect)
- low self-esteem or loneliness
- exploring gender/sexual identity
- transition times ie separation, redundancy, moving and retirement
- chronic pain, illness, disability
- challenges of being a carer
- sexual assaults
- physical assaults
- domestic violence
- finding meaning in life
- infertility issues
- living between communities (faith, cultural, class etc.)
I offer Counselling online and on the telephone.Tags: Clinical Supervision, Person Centred Counselling Posted by